Sunday, June 7, 2009

Welcome

I've been reading a number of so-called "Mommy blogs" for a while now and have been writing one of my own for almost 5 years. I started mine, as many people did, just to keep my family and friends updated on what was going on in our lives and also to keep a record of my kids' early years. I've decided to stop being a "lurker" on other blogs and start getting out there and being part of this amazing blogging community. Because I am super-paranoid about the crazies out there, I decided to start a new blog where my kids' identities can remain secret instead of sharing and publicizing my other blog. So, here, I will just call them Big and Little, which is often what my husband, who I will call Krazy (because that was his nickname in highschool and I like it), and I call them anyway.
I am so new to this and will probably end up breaking all kinds of blogging rules since I don't really know what they are so please forgive me in advance.
I guess this post should be an introduction to me and my life...just about 2 years ago, Krazy and I packed up Big and Little and our entire lives and moved 6,000 miles away to the other side of the world. It was meant to be a temporary move--just to spend one year in a country that we love--and I do believe it is still temporary, but for now we plan to be here for another year until the summer of 2010.
I work part-time from home for an internet start-up and the rest of the time I am a mom to Big, who is 5 and Little who is almost 3. They are my pride and joys and although they are often psycho, they are always entertaining!! I haven't decided yet how I feel about putting pictures of my kids on this blog. I've seen people do different things--blocking out faces or just putting pictures of kids from odd angles so you can't actually see their faces, etc. It's a sad statement about the state of the world that we have to be worried about things like this, but such is life.
I have no idea where this blog is going to go, but I'm excited to find out and I hope you will join me on the journey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment