Sunday, June 21, 2009

New "Babysitter"

Big has always been obsessed with tv. Ever since he was really little, he could sit for a very long time watching more or less anything. Little, not so much. Maybe because when we first got to Israel when he was only 9 months old, we didn't have a tv so he just wasn't exposed to it during those important young months! I know many people would say that it's a good thing that he doesn't zone out in front of the tv, but I say it's a BAD thing that there isn't a way to get him to just sit still and out of trouble when I need him to. Like on a 16 hour plane trip for example. Or so I can go to the bathroom.
There is a VERY annoying Israeli kid show called "Yuval Ha-Mebulbal" which translates to Yuval (that's his name) the Confused. We have a couple of his DVDs and Big sometimes watches his show. Suddenly the other day Little was asking for it. I put it on for him and he was mesmerized. He watched it about 4 or 5 times and it kept him completely occupied and enthralled. I'm glad to know that there is finally something I can put on when I need him to be distracted, but I wish it wasn't something quite so annoying!

0 comments:

Post a Comment